2017 Best Curling Wands
Are you a woman that really cares about how you look and what you where? Are you always on the go and need a styling tool that is reliable and will take a beating for years to come. But you have a budget to stick as well and there is no need to break it. Just in case you were wondering, you’ve come to the right place! Let me guide you through finding the best curling wand.
Curling wands have been a staple of the beauty industry for quite some time now, but over the last couple of years they have gained some huge momentum. So much so, that we had to clearly define what is the difference between a curling wand and a curling iron? A curling wand is typically clipless where a curling iron has a clip.
Each hair tool provides different curls for different curling wand hairstyles, though this isn’t entirely dependent on the clip. A lot of the quality of the curl depends on the heat and performance of the curling wand itself. The only real difference between the two tools is how you curl your hair. Ask any beautician and they will tell you which one they prefer. Try them both out for yourself and tell us in the comments which one you like.
Here is our top 3 best curling wands
Nume curling wands give you the confidence to start loving your hair and stop hating it. If you are in need of a high performance / high heat and high quality curling wand, then this is the one for you. Yes, it is a little pricey, however it gives you options A, B, C to give you any style curl you could desire. The only really downside of the Nume Curling Wand is the price point, but it is definitely our #1 recommend curling wand
Hot Tools Curling wands are by far the most popular curling wands available, they have been here since the beginning so that should be no surprise. Reliability, performance, and their low price point are what draw most girls to this curling wand. This specific Hot Tools Curling wand is a favorite among many professional hair stylists. The performance can’t be beat at their low price point. I would recommend the 3-in-1 / 4 in 1 set.
Why is the Cortex curling wand in the top 3 you ask ? Well, the Nume and the Hot Tools curling wands are a little bit better than the Cortex curling wand. The performance and of the heat of the Nume can’t be matched, and the low price point of the Hot Tools makes it a no-brainer, but we have no problems at all with the Cortex, it is a gem and simply works well. You are also able to achieve several of today’s hottest styles with the cortex curling wand too. #insert link to viral curls post# You definitely can’t go wrong with any of our top 3 best curling wands.
When you know what type of curls you want, finding the best curling wand is much easier. Choose from different different widths and temperature limits. Here´s a list:
Top Rated Curling Wands
|NuMe Lustrum||Tourmaline Ceramic||$$$|
|Hot Tools HTBW1852 Curly-Q||Ceramic||$|
|Cortex 4 and One Curling Wand||Ceramic||$$|
|Remington CI95AC/2 Tstudio Salon Collection||Titanium||$|
|HSI Professional Curling Wand Set (review coming soon!)||Titanium||$$|
|Bed Head Bh318 Curli Pops||Tourmaline Ceramic||$|
|NuMe Titan 3 Purple||Tourmaline Ceramic||$$$|
|CHI Orbit Digital||Tourmaline Ceramic||$$|
|Paul Mitchell Express Ion||Ceramic||$$|
How to Choose the Best Curling Wand for You
Are you looking for a curling wand, if so there are several different things you will want to to consider. First of all, what is a curling wand? With all of these specialized hair tools on the market today, it is important to know what a curling wand is best used for, curling your hair. Curling wands can create several different looks for you with one hair tool, their primary funciton is to curl your hair, but they can do so much more. Check out this post here with the latest curly hair styles.
Curling wands come in many different sizes, but did you know that they come in different shapes too. Choosing the shape of your wand is very important. Make sure you pay attention to the different shapes and sizes of barrels on curling wands. Different shapes produce different curls. Don’t worry we will guide you through this.
(fat lower end – skinny narrow end)
The conical shaped curling wand provides extreme versatility for you. With a think and skinny end you can create curls in just about any size with one tool. Some curling ands have a steeper slope which is mainly for thicker curls. If you aren’t sure that you want thicker curls opt for the more typically version and take advantage of its versatility of use. For the women on the go, who needs no fussing around: the cone shaped rod is what she needs!
Benefits of Cone Shaped Curling Wands:
- Allows you to create your curls of all sizes
- You can use the larger-end of the rod to provide larger and thicker curls
- While The smaller-end of the rod delivers tiny precise curls
- Super versatile and reduces the need to purchases other tools
The straight shaped curling wand is great for those who want perfectly equal curls in the shape of rings. You know that professional well-groomed look most business women strive for. This curling wand is also great at curling the bottom part of your hair outwards, (great look for people with naturally straight hair)
Benefits of Straight Shaped Curling Wands:
- Consistency from curl to curl
- Creates perfectly equal curls
Several of the best curling wands give you the option to change the barrel. This is called an interchangeable barrel, several of the top hair salons use this style of curling wand. Most of the major brands are now selling interchangeable curling wands like Cortex and Amika. Amazing most of them are priced cheap enoght that we can all afford one, check out the Hot Tools curling wand for a very affordable alternative. If you can afford it the interchangeable wand is definitely the best way to go.
Benefits of Interchangeable Curling Wands:
- Limitless options, super versatile
- Can create almost any style you can dream of
Aside from shapes of the barrel, there are a number of different materials that the curling wands are made out of.
– These are the most common curling wands, made with metal barrels and few heat settings, usually confined to just low, medium, and high. While some people, especially those who only occasionally curl their hair, a model like this helpful, in general, most people opt for the next level of curling wand.
– Ceramic models come in a variety of function, with many different heat settings. You may be able to find a ceramic model for fairly cheap, depending on its other functionalities. In general, however, the more functions it has, the more expensive it is going to be. There are also different qualities of ceramic. The reason these are more popular than the basic models is because they are far less likely to burn the shaft of the hair as they curl it.
– Tourmaline is by far the most durable materials, and is well-loved in the beauty industry because it heats up quickly, holds its heat well, and leaves hair looking healthy and shiny, rather than crispy and fried like some other materials.
– Ionic is by far the most advanced material used in curling wands, and is therefore also the most expensive. While it does the best job for the widest variety of hair types, some women may be able to achieve the same results with a different model. If you have dry hair, however, it is best to opt for an ionic model, which actually traps moisture into the hair, rather than sapping it away like other materials do.
Curling Wand Buying Guide
When it comes to picking the best curling wand for your hair, it can be a confusing and time consuming decision. I am here to help make that even easier. Don’t be one of those girls who just picks one up off the shelf of your local superstore, it maybe tempting but you need to make sure you have the right curling wand for you. Because Curling wands and curling irons are so popular, there are several compaines pushing out low-quality lower-end models that have very limited features and are unreliable. Before you pick the cheapest model, take a look at the following information, and choose the best curling wand that fits your budget.
Top 5 Best Curling Wand brands
1. Nume – Nume is known for making great curling wands. In general, these curling wands have rapid heat up options, with a number of different temperature settings. All of them will have the tourmaline ceramic barrel and some most models come with interchangeable barrels so you can pick the curl that is best for the look you want.
2. Hot Tools – Their innovative wands allow you to use your imagination and create unique beautiful, long-lasting waves, a variety of curls, waves, spirals, and volume. Hot Tools® Nano Ceramic® Wands allow you to change your hairstyle without coloring or cutting your hair. All the Hot Tools Curling Wands includes Pulse Technology®, for Gets Hot…Stays Hot® Performance, variable heat settings for any hair type, and fast heat-up to 430°F.
3. Amika – Amika gives the proper tool to to start loving your hair! Amika curling wands are professional quality products and have been embraced in several professional salons. Amika Curling wands have a tourmaline ceramic barrel that creates silky smooth curls and long luxurious waves with ease. Amika curling wands give you ease of use and makes styling your hair a piece of cake. With Amika’s superior technology, regular use of the Amika curling wand can actually give you healthier and beautiful hair.
4. Cortex– Cortex curling wands take versatility to new heights with their 4-in-One Curling Wand Set! The set includes four solid tourmaline ceramic interchangeable barrels. With the different barrels you can create a wide range of styles from long luxurious waves to tight ringlets and anything esle yo can imagine. The Cortex 4 and One curling wand is one of the most affordable 4 and one’s on the market today.
5. Remington – Remington is known for making great curling wands for those on a budget. In general, these curling wands have rapid heat up options, with a number of different temperature settings. The more expensive models will have the ceramic and tourmaline barrels so you can pick the one that’s best for your hair